Quetzaltenango Guatemala

Quetzaltenango Guatemala

11.23.15 Week Before Thanksgiving

November 23, 2015


Hey all my gringos how's it going! I hope everythings great over there in AZ. Right now we are running a little bit so there isn't a ton of time to write, so i might just do bullet points
            Visited with Carlos y Eveline, right now they don't live together and she actually might not want to get married to him after all.............. huge gamechanger, so she might actually be baptized soon............. we will see what happens, she told us that she wants to be baptized because she KNOWS that it is God's true church.
           New investigator Angeline went with the youth to the coast for their huge youth activity, she has a baptism date for the end of december, she is progressing well.
          This week we had our huge ward mission activity, the activity that the missionaries do. We had 27 families there!!!! 2 whole families of less active, 1 complete family of investigators, and about 5 other investigators, it was an awesome turn out!!!! I thought it would be funny to do a MINUTE TO WIN IT type game night, so that is what we did=) It was hilarious watching these people do super funny things in a minute, everyone loved it and everyone participated which was awesome. the families were winning points for their families determined by  those who won the activities, 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, etc. at the end , the 3 families who had the most points won 1st place, 2nd place, or third place. First place won meet the mormons the movie, a bunch of food and candy, and other stuff. 2nd place won the movie and a good amount of food . 3rd place won the movie and a tiny bit of candy. 1st place also won a trophy that says THE SUPER FAMILY OF WARD CALVARIO. It was a huge success, the bishop said that they are going to do the activity  every 3 months and the trophy will go with and stay with the family that wins until the next activity. It was awesome, we took a ton of pictures, but right now I don't have any, next monday I will send some.
                This week as a zone we had 5 baptisms!!! We were the most baptizing zone in the whole mission this week! We are super excited, everyone is working so hard and we really feel like a big family. Tomorrow in district meeting we are going to reward them big time=)
                 My comp and I get along really well, we are doing super well and we have a ton in common. Every night we end up talking until it gets pretty late, honestly he is probably one of the best comps I have ever had, and he is from my group!
                 I love the mission!!! everything is awesome. I haven't gotten the package yet but I am sure that it is in the mission office waiting to be brought up here to me the 3rd of Dec. I've got to go, love you all, I am doing great and am in great health, the church is true, i feel my testimony growing everyday from this gospel!! Have an awesome week, like my good friend from Hawaii says, Give em that good heaven!!!!


Elder McLeod