Quetzaltenango Guatemala

Quetzaltenango Guatemala

4.18.16 Changes Are Tomorrow

April 18, 2016


Hey everyone whats up! Another week has flown by, cant believe its already monday again. honestly i only feel mondays fridays and sundays, dont know why. well its raining hard up here in the jungle close to the border of Mexico, its the first time it rained since october of last year, so ya its nice to finally have a change from the constant heat. My comp and I are doing good, tomorrow are changes, and we will not be having changes. But, we will be going down to Xela this week, ill explain why.


            So this sunday we only had 22 people in church, the lowest it's been in 3 months! we don't know what happened, so  my comp and I have come up with a plan, how we are going to reactivate all these people. so we made individual callings for every active member in our branch, printed callings, and we assigned each active member to a less active/non active family to reactivate. We are stoked because after handing out a bunch of these callings we have realized that the members here want to help, they just don't know what to do or how to do it, so my comp and I are going to keep thinking of ideas on how to guide these members to participate in the work.


               This week was pretty normal, we contacted a million people, found a couple of new people, and worked hard. Its tough, but that doesn't matter, we are having fun doing what we are doing! I am definitely going to miss being a missionary when i am no longer here in Guatemala, the mission is probably one of the best decisions that I have made in my whole life. I've learned so much stuff that I can't wait to be able to use when I get home, honestly I feel like the Lord has blessed me so much and I can't wait to share this joy with people I know who need it.


             This week we are going to xela to get some tests done, my comp is super sick, so we are going down friday to get him tested. Hope everything turns out ok!


            So we are actually running like crazy cuz we have some stuff we still need to do, but  just know that I love you guys a ton and that I hope you are doing awesome. I'll write some more next week, don't worry the time goes by really fast! Thanks for all your love and support, love you guys a ton, please give food to the missionaries!!!!!=)


Elder McLeod