Quetzaltenango Guatemala

Quetzaltenango Guatemala

5.30.16 CHANGES!!!

May 30, 2016

Hey everyone how's it going! I have changes!!!! It's always a little bit sad to leave an area/comp/investigators/favorite members, but for the most part i'm super excited! My health has been pretty bad here, haha just here I've lost about 18 pounds, but now I think I will be in a Xela or Toto, but I guess we will see tomorrow. This week was an awesome week for us, it was a great way to end the change, a lot of cool things happened.


             We had 2 people in church!!! 2 of our friends, Betsaida, and Seleny. Betsaida came for the first time, and she liked it! It was different for her, there were only 23 people in church, but over all I think she really liked it. Seleny came for the 2nd time, but sadly the atmosphere in the church of Ixta is very different from the atmosphere of a normal mormon church. If she lived in A large city where the church is big and the spirit is strong, she would already be a member, but here it's just a little bit harder to feel the spirit sometimes, so she still hasn't felt anything special in church. But that's ok, if she is supposed to be a member, she will be a member=)


            This week we went up to the wistas for the last time to have district meeting. We ate a big district lunch up there in our favorite little chinese food restaurant, it was a ton of fun, practically every companionship in our district is having changes, so it was the last time we were all together having fun.


              This week was the first time in the mission that I've had strep throat, I still can't really talk, haha but it's going away finally. We don't know what happened, but all of the sudden I just got the flu really badly, then my throat was just dead, but luckily it's finally going away. Haha it was pretty touch teaching/praying/talking in church with strep throat and no voice=) I'm sure I sounded pretty funny.


              One of our favorite investigator families made us a steak dinner last night to say goodbye to me=) It is a family of 4, there names are Billy and Dania, and their two kids are Billy and Christian. It was super fun, we ate steak, grilled chicken, and chorizos which are super good. It was fun, I love that family, hopefully one day they will have more desire to know if the church is true or not. I will send you pics next week.


              This week was a pretty good week for us, I'm definitely going to miss the humble people of San Idelfonso Ixtahuacan, I can't believe that my 5 months here will come to a close tonight. Well, I love all of you guys and hope that you have a great week of SUMMER BREAK! Haha well next week I'll let you know where I'll be ending my mission!=)

Elder McLeod