Quetzaltenango Guatemala

Quetzaltenango Guatemala

8.29.16 Week Of Good Food!!!!

Hey everyone!! Hope you all had great weeks, as August is heading to a close the greatest sport in all the world is just beginning, FOOTBALL!! Sounds like my Campo Verde is killin it out there, hopefully this year they get past that 2nd round.

Well this week was awesome, 1st of all I got my new comp, his name is Elder Riley!! He was in the CCM with me in Guatemala almost 2 years ago. He went home shortly after we got to the field, but has returned to the mission. He is a stud, we get along sooooo well , he's probably gonna end up being my favorite comp!! It's nice cuz no one is baggy, everyone wants to work hard, haha its sad that there aren't too many companionships that function this well, honestly I've been super blessed to have been put with him.

So this week we ate good. Dinner 3 nights, lunch every day, haha people were giving us pizza and pupusas, barqs root beer, cake, tons of fruit eggs beans tortillas, and TACO BELL!!!! Thats right, Today I ate taco bell for the 1st time in my whole mission, (23 months), it was the best thing i've ever eaten. hands down. 3 Beefy 5 layer burritos and tons of hot sauce with a whole bottle of red grape sparkling cider. We were so happy.

This week we had a lady named Carolina come to church, her husband passed away about 2 years ago, and she has been single and struggling ever since. Her son Eric is 12 years old so he could be a deacon, We are super stoked for her cuz she came to church and wanted to stay till the end! She stayed the whole time and really liked it, she even wanted to sit in on the primary to see how it was, she said she loved it, especially the children's hymns.

This week my comp and I contacted about 50 people, and pretty much no one wanted anything. BUT, we didn't give up, we actually had some pretty sweet lessons regardless of the uneffective contacting. Here are some quotes from the week from some of our investigators. ¨¨Every Time you boys testify about these things, I feel something different and special in my heart.¨¨ ¨¨the plan of salvation is perfect! No human being could have created it, its perfectly just, and loving, its God's plan.¨¨ ¨¨So, my catholic baptism didnt count, I realize it now.¨¨  ¨¨I want to do the Lord's will, make me a list of all of God's commandments so that I can know them, and keep them!!¨¨

This week was awesome, I'm so happy that Its Elder Riley who's killin me, he's such a bro, it's gonna be such a blast, WORKING till the end, but enjoying every minute of it. I love you guys a ton and I hope that you are growing spiritually every day like I am. If you are not, just realize that our earthly existence is so we can progress, if we aren't progressing, then we are just wasting our time. Love you guys, keep the faith!!

Love,

Elder McLeod